- Records of Mt. Margaret Aboriginal Mission, 1921-1966 [manuscript]
- JS Battye Library of West Australian History, State Library of Western Australia
- MN 1518, ACC 4796A
- Date Range
- 1921 - 1966
Originals in private ownership. Includes a Register of births (1921-1966); register of deaths (1923-1969); admissions to Graham Children's Home (1931-1966); endowment of cottage families (n.d.).
The Mission was located halfway between Leonora and Laverton, a few kilometres south of the railway line. It was established in 1921 by Mr R. Schenk under the auspices of the Aboriginal Inland Mission, and included homes, dormitories, school, dispensary, hospital, and workrooms. Mr Schenk retired in 1953. The Graham Children's home, opened in 1931, was named for Mr T. Graham, Federal Councillor of the United Aborigines Mission.
- 0.01 m
- Available for reference; not for loan
- Finding Aid
Detailed listing available (MN 1518)