- Girl Guides Association (NSW) ACT: community organisation records
- Australian Historic Records Register
- Date Range
- 1926 - 1988
Photographs mounted for exhibitions, 1926-1988 (20 boards).
Minutes of the ACT Local Association, 18 Dec. 1930-20 Aug. 1943 (1 vol.).
Official diary of territorial commissioner Patricia Tillyard, 1935-1936, 1938-1943 (1 vol.).
Collected records of guide and brownie units, 1936-1963 (7 bundles).
Log book of First Canberra Ranger Unit, Aug. 1944 (1 vol.).
Log book of Third NSW Lone Guides Unit which became the 1st ACT Lone Guide Unit from Dec. 1945, kept by Lucy Wheatley, 1944-1947 (1 vol.).
Notebook written by Lucy Wheatley about camping and camps, 1946-1949 (2 vols).
Collected records of ranger units, 1947-1966 (1 small box).
Records of the Mount Majura Guide District, 1957-1983 (1 bundle).
Notes, documents and photographs, 1961-1987 (1 bundle).
Correspondence, finance documents, training documents, historical notes, 1964-1985 (3 boxes).
Master set of local journal, Guiders Gas, 1976-1988 (1 bundle).
Programs for special occasions, 1977-1988 (5 items).
The Girl Guides Association began in Canberra with the formation of a lone company in 1927 under New South Wales headquarters. The company was replaced by a local association in December 1930 which became a district of New South Wales in 1931 with Mrs C.S. Daley as district commissioner. The ACT Division, formed in 1935, was commanded by Patricia Tillyard as divisional commissioner until 1943. Region 14 (Australian Capital Territory and the Southern Tablelands) was formed in June 1968 and divided in 1975 into three autonomous zones which work through region headquarters to New South Wales headquarters.
- Contact : Girl Guides Association (NSW) ACT, PO Box 605, Manuka, ACT 2603