- Repository National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- Reference ORAL TRC 2301/156
- Date Range 19-Oct-87 - 19-Oct-87
2 sound cassettes (ca. 90 min.) Born in Pyrmont, Sydney, Ryan speaks of her early life; going to school; clerical employment; studying at business college; different homes in Sydney; strikes; family life; memories of and attitudes during WWI; memories of the 1917 general strike; the working classes; International Workers of the World (IWW); politics of 1910-1930; her political interests; street corner meetings; family reading material; memories of the Domain; life as a Socialist, meeting places and haunts; favourite speakers; socialists being framed for crimes; socialist/working class communication; social conditions, her own research of the period; the War Precautions Act; socialism and the Labor Party; her interest in, and reading of Lenin and Russia; Justice Beeby and working class leaders.
- Access Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- Finding Aid Timed summary and transcript available : 2 v. (33 p., 9 p.).