- Repository State Library of South Australia
- Reference SRG 438/29/46
- Date Range 1-Mar-93 - 1-Mar-93
29 minutes Francie Kay was born at Millicent and her father was a forester at Mt Burr. She did nursing at Balaklava, ran a private hospital, and then went into social work. Francie studied in Melbourne and returned to work in the TB Service where she travelled around SA visiting sanataria. She worked in the service for 25 years and helped to rehabilitate many patients. She attended various conferences worldwide. She then moved to the Walkerville Nursing home and helped develop an assessment system and a day and craft centre. She then had an overseas holiday and returned to work for Burnside to look at their community services. It was discovered there were many problems with elderly people and Pine View was established and community activities were organised to provide companionship.
- Formats Sound recording (cassette) analogue
- Access Access to use copies only with written permission from the donor. Contact the President, Lyceum Club. Original WITHDRAWN.
- Finding Aid Biographical outline (4 pages)