- Repository State Library of South Australia
- Reference SRG 438/29/61
- Date Range 10-Dec-98 - 10-Dec-98
16 minutes Gwenyth Hannon was born in Medindie in 1909 and attended St Peter’s Girls’ School. She won an Education Department scholarship to do dentistry at University. She graduated in 1932 and became an Education Department dentist. She travelled around the state doing dental work at schools. She earned 240 pounds per year. Men were paid 480. She married a fellow dental student who had a practice on North Terrace. She worked in the dental practice from the war years. Her husband was killed in 1945 and Gwenyth was one of the initial members and one of the first vice presidents of the War Widows’ Guild. Her daughter Pauline became a dentist and married a dentist. They moved to Canada and worked at the University of British Columbia. She has two grandsons.
- Formats Sound recording (cassette) analogue
- Access Access to use copies only with written permission from the donor. Contact the President, Lyceum Club. Original WITHDRAWN.
- Finding Aid Biographical outline,(2 pages)