- Repository State Library of South Australia
- Reference SRG 438/29/24
- Date Range 19-Feb-85 - 19-Feb-85
40 minutes Stella Sobels lived at Largs Bay and Semaphore as a child and attended the Lothian House school, then moved to North Adelaide and attended St Peter’s Girls School. She went to the Conservatorium and had singing lessons from Winslow Hall and Clive Carey. She was involved in local theatre and radio. Joined the Red Cross during World War I. Her father became ill so she looked after him and he died in 1940. She returned to the Red Cross and stayed until 1957. Musical Societies in Adelaide. Joined the Lyceum Club in 1947. Went with the Australian choir to England in 1933. Music programmes in the Lyceum Club.
- Formats Sound recording (cassette) analogue
- Access Access to use copies only with written permission from the donor. Contact the President, Lyceum Club. Original WITHDRAWN.
- Finding Aid Biographical outline (3 pages)