- Repository National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- Reference ORAL TRC 1/1064-1065
- Date Range 13-Feb-78 - 13-Feb-78
1 sound tape reel (ca. 72 min.) Lorna Hayter (nee Byrne) speaks of her family background; her studies; the problems of being accepted in an all male environment at the School of Agriculture, University of Sydney; working for the Department of Agriculture; joining the Australian Women’s Army Service; hosting a radio program for the ABC; taking up the editorship on the ‘Land Newspaper’; Hayter gives her views on Australia as a primary producing country.
- Access Access open for research, personal copies and public use.
- Finding Aid Timed summary (7 p.) and transcript available (31 p.)