- Repository National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- Reference ORAL TRC 6125/13
- Date Range 14-Apr-10 - 14-Apr-10
2 sound files (ca. 122 min.) Mabel Ryan is a property owner and sheep farmer in the Quandialla area of N.S.W. She talks about her early life; the financial depression in the 1930s; rural life, dust storms, drought, home remedies and play; running the farm on her own while raising 2 young children following the death of her husband; sheep raising; rural diversification; the success of her sheep stud run in conjunction with her son; her family.
- Access Access open for research. Written permission required for personal copies. Closed for public use during the lifetime of the interviewee.
- Finding Aid Timed summary (1 p.)