- Repository National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- Reference ORAL TRC 391/79-80
- Date Range 28-Aug-81 - 28-Aug-81
Mathews, athletics coach and administrator, and former champion Australian sprinter, speaks about her family background; her success in junior athletics; competing against Marjorie Jackson; her training regimen; track surfaces in Australia; competing against Betty Cuthbert; her injuries; winning bronze in 100 and 200 metres at 1956 Olympics; her world records in 100 and 200 yards; winning two gold medals and one silver medal at 1958 Commonwealth Games; competing at 1960 Olympics; winning gold at Nigerian Independence Games in 1960; attending 1972 Olympics as women’s assistant manager; involvement with the Rothmans National Sport Foundation; and the formation of the Australian Track and Field Coaches Association.
- Access Access open for research, written permission is required for personal copies and public use for the lifetime of the interviewee.
- Finding Aid Transcript available (typescript, 39 leaves)