Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The Food for Thought Network was founded in 2001 by Varvara Ioannou. It has a development focus and runs quarterly forums on current issue pertaining to women in the areas of work, family, health and wellbeing as well as language and culture.
Although established and coordinated by Greek women, the Food for Thought Network is not exclusive: you don't have to be Greek or female to attend forums and meetings.
Food for Thought Network aims to:
- create an egalitarian environment where everyone is encouraged to participate and contribute;
- share knowledge and collective experiences in the areas of work, family, language, culture, health and well-being;
- acknowledge and celebrate our cultural heritage and embrace the diversity of other cultures;
- create opportunities for continual learning, self-expression and empowerment;
- provide opportunities for people to meet and support each other;
- acknowledge, celebrate and capitalise the talents of our members;
- advocate on CALD women's issues.