- Born 1 January, 1845, Selkirk Scotland
- Died 31 December, 1907, Malvern Victoria Australia
- Occupation Philanthropist, Suffragist
Agnes Ballantyne was a signatory to the 1891 Women’s Suffrage ‘Monster’ Petition in Victoria. She was involved in a number of church and philanthropic societies from an early age, and was particularly active in the Victorian branch of the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union, presiding over the Malvern Branch for fourteen years. She became interested in the suffrage movement through her involvement with the WCTU.
Ballantyne was also a children’s rights advocate and when legislation was passed providing for children’s courts, she became an officer in the district where she resided.
- 1891 Women's Suffrage Petition, Parliament of Victoria
- Trove: Ballantyne, Agnes (1845-19071231), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477425
- Agnes Ballantyne of Myamyn Glenferrie Rd Malvern, Gould, Maree, 2008, http://wiki.prov.vic.gov.au/index.php/Ballantyne%2C_Agnes