- Born 25 September, 1899, Newcastle New South Wales Australia
- Died 2 March, 1979, New South Wales Australia
- Occupation Author, Editor, Teacher
Doris Chadwick was born in 1899 to parents Sheldon Western Chadwick and his wife Annie. Her father was a former editor of the Daily Examiner and the Newcastle Morning Herald.
Doris held a Bachelor of Arts degree and originally trained to be a secondary teacher, however she relinquished those duties to undertake journalistic work for the New South Wales Education Department. Doris was the assistant editor of the Department’s School Magazine from July 1924 to 1948 and editor from 1949 to 1962.
- University of Wollongong Archives
- National Library of Australia, Manuscript Collection
- National Library of Australia