- Born 1 January, 1898, New South Wales Australia
- Died 31 December, 1930
- Occupation Author
E. Jean Curlewis was the daughter of Ethel Turner. Before passing away she wrote a number of books including The Sunshine Family: A Book of Nonsense for Girls and Boys, with her mother.
Daughter of Ether Turner and Herbert Raine Curlewis. The author of mainly children’s publications, she was married to M L Charlton.
Sources: http:penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/usrpages/collect/ethel.html accessed 17/10/01;
http://www.pcug.org.au/~efp/megangen/ftree.htm#Philippa accessed 24/10/01
- The Sunshine Family: A Book of Nonsense for girls and Boys, Turner, Ethel and Curlewis, Jean, 1923
- Beach Beyond, Curlewis, Jean, 1923
- The Dawn Man, Curlewis, Jean, 1924
- Drowning Maze, Curlewis, Jean, 1922
- Christmas in Australia, Curlewis, Jean. And Feint, Adrian (decorated by), 1928
- Verse Writing for Beginners, Curlewis, Jean, 1925
- Ethel Turner, Lilian Turner and Jean Curlewis ; A Family of Australian Authors, http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/usrpages/collect/ethel.htm
- Trove: Charlton, Ethel Jean Sophia (18980207-19300328), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1467516