- Occupation Community stalwart, Horticulturalist
Yvonne Fahl was nominated for the ABC Rural Woman of the Year Award in 1995, for the North West district of Western Australia.
Yvonne Fahl has had a long association with horticulture in Carnarvon, W.A, although her contributions to the community extend well beyond her professional expertise as a horticulturalist. From 1965 until 2001 she owned a banana plantation, and through that she became involved in the Gascoyne Produce Marketing Association, the Carnarvon Mango Exporters Group, the Carnarvon Fly Baiting Scheme, and the Carnarvon Horticultural Development Council. She was made a life member of the Carnarvon Growers Association Inc. in 2002.
Her contributions to the community through other organisations are extensive. She was active at the St Mary’s School, the Junior Football Association, the Junior Soccer Association, the Junior Cricket Association, and the Carnarvon High School P & C and canteen. She held positions in St George’s Church, St Mary’s Church, St Mary’s bazaar, the Red Cross, Soroptimist International, Australia Week Committee, the Cancer Foundation, and the Heart-Cancer- Arthritis Foundation. Yvonne is a Life Member of the Junior Cricket Council.
She was the W.A. representative to the International Women in Agriculture Conference in 1994. In her spare time, she has taught English to migrant workers on plantations.
- 1995 - 1995
- 1983 - 1983
- Trove: Fahl, Yvonne, http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477644
- 1995 ABC Rural Woman of the Year Regional Winners, ABC Radio, 1995, http://www.abc.net.au/rural/rwoty/previous95.htm#95reg
- Yvonne Fahl Finalist for the AUSVEG Chairman's Award, 2008, http://www.vegetableswa.com.au/documents/magazine/00193_WA_Grower_June08.pdf
- Brilliant Ideas and Huge Visions: ABC Radio Australian Rural Women of the Year - 1994-1997, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2011, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/rwya/rwya-home.html