- Born 1 August, 1867, Ballarat Victoria Australia
- Died 1 October, 1939, Maylands South Australia
- Occupation Doctor, Founder
Gertrude Halley was a founder and treasurer of the Queen Victoria Hospital for Women. An eye and ear specialist, she was an honorary surgeon at the hospital. In 1913 she established the medical branch of the Education Department in South Australia.
- Halley, Ida Gertrude Margaret (1867-1939), Kwan, Elizabeth, 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A090162b.htm
- Edited Book
- Trove: Halley, Ida Gertrude Margaret (1867-1939), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-748077