- Born 1 January, 1964, Wellington New South Wales Australia
- Occupation Environmentalist, Farmer
Netta Holmes was the state winner of the ABC Rural Woman of the Year Award for New South Wales in 1997. At the time of the award, she was a partner in the Noonee Angus Stud in Wellington, in the Tablelands of New South Wales.
Netta established an extraordinary record of achievement at a young age. She was a winner of the Angus Australia University of Illinois Scholarship in 1989, which gave her the opportunity to build upon her developing knowledge of the beef industry. She was the founding Chair of the local Landcare Group and assisted in the development of a regional Angus group. She has a commitment to sustainable agriculture which was aptly demonstrated in a twenty-five year plan for the family property Noonee Nyrang.
Netta has a first class honours degree in Botany from the University of Sydney, majoring in Botany and Ecology. She also has her Artificial Insemination and Preg-testing certificates.
- 1997 - 1997
- Trove: Holmes, Netta (1964-), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1477514
- 1997 ABC New South Wales Rural Woman of the Year Award Winners, ABC Radio, 1997, http://www.abc.net.au/rural/rwoty/nsw.htm
- Brilliant Ideas and Huge Visions: ABC Radio Australian Rural Women of the Year - 1994-1997, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2011, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/rwya/rwya-home.html