- Nationality Australian
- Born 3 May, 1868, Mitcham South Australia Australia
- Died 14 September, 1952, North Adelaide South Australia Australia
- Occupation Medical practitioner, Missionary
Laura Hope was the first woman to graduate in medicine at the University of Adelaide in 1891. She and her husband, Dr Charles Henry Standish Hope, whom she married in 1893, spent most of their medical careers, as self-supporting missionaries in Bengal. They worked at the Australian Baptist Mission at Pubna and at the New Zealand Baptist Mission Hospital, Chandpur, India. They also spent time at the Bengal Baptist Mission at Kalimpong. They retired to Adelaide in 1934.
- Hope, Laura Margaret (1868-1952), Jones, Helen, 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A140557b.htm
- Trove: Hope, Laura Margaret (18680503-19520914), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-1468629