- Born 17 December, 1888, Greenock, Renfrewshire Scotland
- Died 16 September, 1980
- Occupation Nurse, Nursing administrator, Unionist
Georgina McCready was appointed as one of the first supervisory sisters in the New South Wales Department of Health in 1929, under the Public Health Act (1929). A founding member of the New South Wales Nurses Association (NSWNA) in 1931, she was its first honorary secretary and the first woman to hold such a position in an industrial organisation in Australia. McCready was one of four founders of the New South Wales College of Nursing (NSWCN) in 1949. The McCready Scholarship (tenable at NSWCN) was established in 1954 by NSWNA in her honour. She was appointed MBE – Member of The Order of the British Empire (Civil) – 8 June 1963, for services to the nursing profession.
- McCready, Georgina (1888-1980), Woolston, Hazel, 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A150219b.htm
- McCready, Georgina (1888 - 1980), Biographical Entry, 2002, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/biogs/P004113b.htm
- Faith, Hope and Charity Australian Women and Imperial Honours: 1901-1989, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2003, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/honours/honours.html