- Born 16 June, 1953, Newcastle New South Wales Australia
- Occupation Parliamentarian
Sandra Nori served as the New South Wales Minister for Small Business and Minister for Tourism. She is the Member (ALP) for Port Jackson.
After completing her secondary education Petersham Girl’s High School, Nori attended the University of Sydney and graduated with a Bachelor of Economics.
Before entering Parliament, as a Member for McKell in 1988 she was a co-ordinator at the Sydney Women’s Health Centre; a Health Worker at Leichhardt Community Health Centre; Research Officer to Peter Baldwin, former Federal Member of Sydney and a former member of the Social Security Appeals Tribunal.
Since entering parliament her service includes being Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer and Minister for State Development. Minister for Small Business since 1999 and Minister for Tourism since 1999.
Nori has two children and her interests include: women’s issues, education, housing, planning/the environment, consumer affairs and transport. She enjoys music, ballet, ballroom dancing and paragliding.
A member of Italian community organisations, Nori is a supporter of several women’s groups including the National Foundation for Australian Women, Women’s Network Collective, Women’s Health in Industry Inc. and the Women’s Electoral Lobby.
- Women Members of the NSW Parliament, Parliament of New South Wales, http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/web/PHWebContent.nsf/PHPages/LibraryCompendiumwomenmp?OpenDocument
- Women Members of the Parliament of New South Wales, Robert Lawrie, Manager, New South Wales Parliamentary Archives, http://sites.archivenet.gov.au/nswparla/HTM%20pages/GuidePages/Women/members.htm
- Trove: Nori, Sandra Christine (1953-), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-718080
- Edited Book