- Born 14 November, 1879, Tumby Bay South Australia Australia
- Died 23 October, 1971, Adelaide South Australia Australia
- Occupation Farmer's wife, Justice of the Peace, Political candidate
Janette Octoman became a justice of the peace in Adelaide in 1927. She was elected to the state executive of the merged Liberal and Country League in 1932. In 1937 she stood for the seat of Flinders but was defeated by a local farmer. Octoman was a founding member of the Tumby Bay branch of the Country Women’s Association. She stood for party endorsement three times at state level after the 1937 defeat, and once for the Senate, but was unable to win selection.
- Octoman, Janette Hannum (1879-1971), Fletcher, Philippa L., 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A150599b.htm
- Edited Book
- Faith, Hope and Charity Australian Women and Imperial Honours: 1901-1989, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2003, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/honours/honours.html
- Trove: Octoman, Janette Hannum (1879-1971), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-759061