- Born 28 May, 1912, Grafton New South Wales Australia
- Died 25 May, 1981, Sydney New South Wales
- Occupation Physicist, Teacher
Ruby Scott was assistant physicist in the Physics Department at the University of Sydney, then a teacher at Woodlands Church of England Grammar School, before the outbreak of WWII. Post-war, she worked as a radio engineer with Amalgamated Wireless Australasia. After the birth of her son she became a science teacher at Danebank Anglican School for Girls, where she established a Science Department.
- Edited Book
- Trove: Payne-Scott, Ruby Violet (19120528-19810525), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-749075
- The Encyclopedia of Women and Leadership in Twentieth-Century Australia, Smart, Judith and Swain, Shurlee (eds.), 2014, http://www.womenaustralia.info/leaders