- Occupation Educational institution
The Port Adelaide Girls Technical High School was established from the Port Adelaide Primary School and the Central School for Girls in 1940. In 1962 the school was moved to the a new building opened by Lady Bastyan, the wife of the governor.
The Port Adelaide Girls Department was part of the Port Adelaide Primary School (1925), while the primary school it self was opened in 1862. The School was known as the Central School. The Port Adelaide Girls Technical High School was established in 1940. The School operated on two sites. In 1962 a new building brought the two sites into one. Lady Bastyan opened the Port Adelaide Girls Technical High School, which was the first time the spouse of the Governor had opened a school. Principals included Marg Beagley and Carolyne Ryan.
- Port Adelaide Girls Technical School magazine, http://www.catalog.slsa.sa.gov.au:80/record=b1163933~S1