- Nationality Australian
- Born 29 September, 1937, Sydney New South Wales Australia
- Occupation Educator, Women's liberationist
Ryan was a member of the first Canberra Women’s Liberation Group in the 1970s and remained in the movement from that time. She was Honorary Secretary of the National Foundation for Australian Women 1991-1996.
Member of first Canberra Women’s Liberation Group 1970s; Public Officer, Canberra Women’s Refuge 1975 – 1977; Women’s Studies, Australian National University, 1981-1982; Governor General’s nominee, Australian National University Council (including appointee to Equal Employment Opportunity Committee) 1984-1991; ACT Women’s Consultative Council Convenor 1992-1993, Member 1989-1993; Honorary Secretary, National Foundation for Australian Women 1991-1996; Trustee and Assessor, Beryl Henderson Foundation 1988 – 2000; Trustee, Pamela Denoon Trust 1990 – 2000.
- Journal Article
- Trove: Ryan, Julia (1937-), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-771056
- From Lady Denman to Katy Gallagher: A Century of Women's Contributions to Canberra, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2013, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/ldkg
- National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- National Library of Australia, Manuscript Collection
- Private Hands (These records may not be readily available)