- Born 1 December, 1924, Victoria Park Western Australia Australia
- Died 1 March, 2007
- Occupation Educator, Servicewoman
A foundation staff member of the Canberra College of Advanced Education (now University of Canberra), Elsie Solly was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia. On 26 January 1983 she received the award for service to education, particularly in the field of secretarial studies. In 1977 she was awarded the Queen’s Silver Jubilee Medal. President of the Australian Women’s Army Service Association (Western Australia) Inc., Solly was on the original committee of the Association when established in 1947. Solly was also president of the Association of Academic Staff during her term with the Canberra College of Advanced Education. In 2003 Elsie Solly was awarded a Centenary of Federation medal for services to the veterans’ community.
- SOLLY, ELSIE HOPE, Department of Veterans' Affairs, 2002, http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/script/veteran.asp?ServiceID=A&VeteranID=816964
- Journal Article
- Trove: Solly, Elsie Hope (1924-), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-613938
- From Lady Denman to Katy Gallagher: A Century of Women's Contributions to Canberra, Australian Women's Archives Project, 2013, http://www.womenaustralia.info/exhib/ldkg