- Born 26 December, 1853, New York United States
- Died 25 July, 1928, Kew Melbourne Victoria Australia
- Occupation Artist, Teacher
Jane Sutherland arrived in Sydney with her family in 1864. She studied at the National Gallery School of Design, and held a number of exhibitions from 1878. Sutherland was a leader in the movement away from the nineteenth-century tradition of studio art, and toward the plein-air style, sketching directly from nature.
- Sutherland, Jane (1853-1928), Lindsay, Frances, 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A120158b.htm
- 1891 Women's Suffrage Petition, Parliament of Victoria
- Trove: Sutherland, Jane (1855-1928), http://nla.gov.au/nla.party-461158