- Nationality Australian
- Occupation Social support organisation
The National Women’s Advisory Council was established as a new channel of communication between the Women’s Affairs Branch of the federal government and the wider community of women. Chaired by Beryl Beaurepaire it had Aboriginal, migrant, rural and trade union women among the members.
The National Women’s Advisory Centre research budget enabled the conduct and sponsorship of a number of research projects into women’s economic circumstances, migrant women, mothers of disabled children, and the aged.
It provided ongoing funding for the Working Women’s Centre in Melbourne.
- Femocrats and Ecorats: Women's Policy Machinery in Australia, Canada and New Zealand, Sawer, Marian, 1996, http://www.unrisd.org/unrisd/website/document.nsf/(httpPublications)/D1A254C22F3E5CC580256B67005B6B56?OpenDocument
- National Library of Australia, Manuscript Collection
- State Library of Victoria
- National Library of Australia, Ephemera Collection
- The University of Melbourne Archives
- State Library of New South Wales
- State Library of South Australia
- National Archives of Australia, National Office, Canberra