- Born 1 January, 1945, Adelaide South Australia Australia
- Occupation Academic, Author, Broadcaster, Journalist, Public speaker
Susan Mitchell holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Adelaide, a Master of Arts (Drama and Film) from Flinders University, and a PhD in Creative Arts from the University of Western Sydney.
She worked as a high school teacher in Adelaide and London before becoming a lecturer in literary studies at the South Australian College of Advanced Education. Later, Susan took up the position of senior lecturer in communications and creative writing at the University of South Australia. She is also an Emeritus Professor at Flinders University.
Susan has worked as a screenwriter and editor and was Australia’s first television critic on Today at One. As a radio broadcaster, Susan worked in Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney, and she has hosted her own series of interview programs.
Throughout her career, Susan has written for numerous major newspapers and magazines in the United States and Australia, including The Australian, The Bulletin, The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald. She is also the author of fourteen best-selling and highly-acclaimed books.
Susan has been a Director on the Literature Board of The Australia Council, on the Board of Film Australia and the Board of The South Australian Tourism Commission.
- National Library of Australia, Manuscript Collection
- State Library of South Australia
- National Library of Australia, Oral History and Folklore Collection
- National Library of Australia
- Academy Library, UNSW Canberra